Saturday, August 2, 2008

I'm a Big Kid Now





















August 1, 2008 was a big day for Rylan. First, he got his very first official haircut (excluding the trim of bangs I gave him last week under threat from Chris). It took a lollipop to keep him still but otherwise he did great. The only tears you see are when hair got onto the lollipop and in his mouth! He was rewarded with an ice cream cone from Papa. Next, he peed in the potty 3 times! Finally, it was the end of the road for paci. After reading "Bye Bye Pacifier" we mailed all the pacis to "babies who need them". Naptime was torture, crying for 1.5 hrs, sleeping for 45 min, then 30 min of waking up in "withdrawal". But bedtime went quite well, only a few calls in the first 20 min and then slept all night without mom having to go in at all. Today, naptime was 1 hour of singing and talking before a 1.5 hr nap but otherwise no crying. I can't believe my baby is growing up!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

He does look so grown up! Oh, I will barely recognize him the next time we see you guys...sniff, sniff! Keep the pictures coming, then I can recognize him from the photos at least.

Jenny said...

He looks like a big boy, Joni!

Silly Sandovals said...

First haircut, how fun! Kids grow up way too fast don't they?