Ok, so Suzanne tagged me to write down 7 random things about me that you might not know. This could be difficult, but I will do my best. Here goes...
1. I have a very sweet tooth. So much so that I could eat ice cream every day, and in fact almost did during the last pregnancy! Ok, I almost eat it every day NOT being pregnant too! Hmmm, could explain why I haven't lost that last 5#!
2. I'm obsessed with my kids looking good! Ok, I've always admitted being superficial - which is why I married Chris - he's hot! (Yes, he has all the other qualities too, thank the Lord!) Anyway, I've discovered that I need to be in control of what my kids wear and have Rylan's hair fixed and face clean as much as possible! A lot of times I have my mom or Chris dress the kids and even though I say I don't care - it always is just wrong!!!
3. I am a sleep freak! I started being a control freak about sleep with Rylan and trying to do Babywise perfectly. This continued through Chris' deployment and somehow then turned into a 6 month bout of terrible insomnia out of no where. Praise God that he healed me of this while pregnant with Ava. I'm now learning to be a little more relaxed about everyone's sleep and go with the flow as much as possible. (You know I'm still a little anal!)
4. I love pictures! I love taking my kids to the photographer once a month for a photo shoot during their first year of life, and I love taking my own photos too! Love my Nikon D40 - just a bit heavy!
5. I am cheap! Love to shop, but never want to pay full price! MUST shop around! Complete opposite of my husband - find it, buy it, done!
6. I love my family! I have the greatest immediate and extended family ever! Including my in-laws! Grew up having Sabbath potlucks with my great aunt/uncle and multiple cousins and that is one reason we have moved back to Georgia -- lots of wonderful family here! God has blessed me with all these beautiful people!
7. I used to be a very good pianist. From age 6 - 18, piano was a big part of my life. There were a lot of positives but also a lot of negatives. It put a huge strain on the relationship with my mom, but thankfully that is behind us. I'm debating for my kids -- I definitely want them to do music, but do I pick their instrument or let them?
Ok, there you go, hope it was interesting!
I forgot to tag someone! So, I tag Lisa Gould! And.....Deb!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YEAH!!! Wasn't so bad was it? I learned lots of new things about you. Glad to know the sleep thing is easing up! :) You just need to live closer to us and you would have to relax those anal muscles in your brain... 5 kids will do that to you!
As for the piano... I will put my two cents in. All our kids are playing (well at least the 3 oldest) two are also doing guitar, 1 violin, 1 tenor sax. Our goal for the piano is that they are able to play for pleasure and or sabbath school etc. to this point none of them want to quit, but if they did I think we would let them... I think that it has helped with their overall learning... they are all outstanding students in school.
we miss you guys & send our love!
Okay, now I know what my next blog post will be, but no promises as to WHEN it will be.
Post a Comment